Sunday, January 24, 2010

I HEART KIRKLANDS

So, I finally was able to use my gift card from Christmas at my new favorite store...Kirklands. My sister-in-law introduced me to this little treasure of a store. The best part, it's very affordable!! Of course, as soon as I walked in, I saw all the huge "CLEARANCE" signs calling my name. Upon further investigating, I also found a whole section of $5 specials. HEAVEN!! Needless to say, I walked away spending my whole gift card and then some (thanks honey!).

My favorite purchase was this irregular octagon mirror regularly $49.99 marked down to $10. I couldn't believe my eyes, I almost fainted. So, a little lightbulb went off.... perfect for my mantle!






As you know, Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. I have yet to purchase many decorations for this day, but this year I wanted a few things without spending alot of money. So, I saw this crafty little project on http://soyouthinkyourecrafty-current.blogspot.com. A contestant came up with this idea and I fell in love.
So, I went to Joanne's and bought a styrofoam heart for $3.99 and some jute for $2.97. Using my new glue gun, I got to work wrapping the twine. I decide to add some red ribbon and hang from my new bargain mirror on the mantle. What do you think? It's a nice way to add a little V-day decor without overdoing it!


1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I saw this last night but didn't know you had made it! I should have known better!

    ReplyDelete