Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flirting with Organic

Since watching the documentary "Food Inc." I have started to make conscious efforts in changing the Smith Family's food habits. Part of that change has also included finding alternatives for all the chemicals I use everyday to clean. I have been in search of an All Purpose cleaner to use in the kitchen that actually works. I have tried other Organic products with disappointment, but I came across this in the clearance bin.

Introducing my new love :

Drum roll please.......

Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner!!
It was on clearance, so I figured I was wasting $1.98, but I had to give it a try. Had I discriminated against this just because it was thrown in the "not cool" bin, I would have missed out. I should have known better than to judge...

This stuff actually WORKS. Tonight while cooking, I made my usual mess on the stove. After dinner I decided to play with the girls instead of clean up right away. So, needless to say the grease had become one with my stove. I sprayed a bit of this on it, walked over to the sink to get a sponge.. and poof.. GONE!! No lie...
You must try this out..
The best part is that it is safe for the kiddies and pets. It's non toxic and biodegradable.
What could be better?? Good for the environment and it WORKS!!


I highly recommend watching Food Inc. too for all those that haven't seen it yet. It is very informative about our Nation's food system. I promise you...it'll make you think next time you are in the grocery store!

4 comments:

  1. Like the new look of the blog, very pretty! I'll be on the lookout for the cleaner, I too have yet to find anything that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel! I have yet to try the laundry detergent from Seventh Generation, but I have some. So far, this is the only product by them I have used, but they offer a whole line of things! Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a link party every Friday to show off your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool blog! This thing works! Great.
    I am on the look for natural cleaners.
    Happy Friday Follow. following your blog, come follow mine :)
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete